Monday, September 19, 2011

not seeing

I recorded several different people describing themselves.  For each person’s first recording they described themselves accurately in their own words.  In people’s second recording I had them fabricate lies about them.  Below I randomized each true/false sequence.  I want the listener to visualize in their “mind’s eye” each participant and also which statement is false or true.  I think it is interesting that how a person talks can convey multiple meanings to a listener.  The listener may find the speaker to represent many stereotypes that are not necessarily accurate.  When playing the clips for other people I noted that each listener could interpret the tone, accents, and content of what is said differently.

I had trouble uploading the file. i will try later and will bring audio to campus

No comments:

Post a Comment